Dear NHSBA Members -
We are pleased to announce that the 2019/20 NHSBA Training Calendar is set. Please make note of the following workshops and webinars. Registrations are now available and can be accessed under our Training & Events tab above.
As we did last year, NHSBA is offering a Training Subscription for our workshops. If your board elects to sign up for this Subscription, there will be no additional charges for attending our events. If your board has elected to not sign up for this Subscription, the registration fee for each workshop is $50 per person.
Please note: The Training Subscription will not apply to the 2019 Kidder Law Conference or the 2020 New Board Member Orientation & Board Chair Workshop.
All webinars will be offered for free and will also be archived for future access.
NHSBA 2019/20 Workshops:
- Monday September 9, 2019 - Budget Workshop
- Thursday September 12, 2019 - Budget Workshop (SB2)
- Wednesday September 25, 2019 - Instructional Policies Workshop for Administrators
- Wednesday October 2, 2019 - Annual Bradley F. Kidder Law Conference
- Monday October 21, 2019 - NHSBA / VLACS Collaboration Workshop
- Saturday January 25, 2020 - Annual NHSBA Delegate Assembly
- Tuesday May 5, 2020 - NHSBA New Board Member Orientation & Board Chair Wokshop (Concord)
- Thursday May 7, 2020 - NHSBA New Board Member Orientation (Whitefield)
NHSBA 2019/20 Webinar Series:
NHSBA webinars will run live at 12:00pm - 1:00pm on the dates listed below. If you are not able to join the live webinar, a saved recording will be made available upon request.
- Thursday September 19, 2019 - The Right to Know Law: Digital Communications By & Among School Board Members
- Thursday October 11, 2019 - Instructional Policies for Board Members
- Friday October 18, 2019 - Teacher/Educator Code of Conduct
- Tuesday October 22, 2019 - School District Policy Development
- Wednesday November 6, 2019 - Effective School Board Meetings
- Friday January 3, 2020 - Legislative 101
- Monday February 10, 2020 - Right to Know Law: School Board Advisory & Other Committees
- Thursday March 26, 2020 - School Boards as Judge & Jury: Employee & Student Hearings
- Monday April 6, 2020 - Right to Know Law for Beginners: Overview & Records
- Wednesday April 15, 2020 - Right to Know Law for Beginners: Non-Public Sessions & Non-Meetings
- Tuesday May 19, 2020 - Basics of Collective Bargaining for School Boards