The New Hampshire School Boards Association is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our members by providing a variety of services to assist local school boards with their responsibilities relative to school district governance. Among NHSBA’s many services are statewide and on-site training sessions, professional development and workshops, legal information, policy assistance, legislative advocacy, administrator searches, and support covering all aspects of school board governance and board roles and responsibilities.
NHSBA is governed by a Board of Directors, which is elected at the annual NHSBA Delegate Assembly in October. NHSBA’s Delegate Assembly is similar to a school district annual meeting. Each member school board is allowed to submit proposed resolutions, which are then voted on by the delegates. Each member school board is allowed one delegate. These Resolutions guide NHSBA’s legislative advocacy efforts.
The mission of the New Hampshire School Boards Association is to promote excellence in public education for all New Hampshire children.
NHSBA should be a focal point for educational improvement and a leader in promoting excellence in public education in New Hampshire. Toward this end, NHSBA will:
- Be a major pro-active force in planning and implementing positive educational reform.
- Represent the interests of local school boards in the development of state and federal education policy.
- Provide information and assistance to school boards so that all board members may more effectively perform their duties.
- Seek public support and commitment for equal educational opportunities for all New Hampshire children.
- Encourage mutual support and closer cooperation among all school boards within the state.