Dear NHSBA Members -
We are pleased to announce that the 2018/19 NHSBA Training Calendar is set. Please make note of the following workshops and training events. Registrations are now available and can be accessed under our Training & Events tab above.
As a reminder, NHSBA is offering a new pricing plan for this year's professional development program. In past-years, NHSBA has charged a per-attendee price for NHSBA workshops and training events. This year, NHSBA is offering boards to pay a one-time "subscription" fee* for NHSBA workshops, training events, and webinars. The price is $150/year for three-member boards; $250/year for five-member boards; $350/year for seven-member boards; $450/year for nine-member boards; and $500/year for boards with more than nine members. The prices listed are per-board, not per-board member. If your board chooses not to sign up for this "subscription" individual board members may still attend any NHSBA workshop at the quoted registration fee. Additionally, all webinars will be offered at no charge.
* Please note the subscription fee does not apply to the NHSBA Annual Orientation nor the Annual Kidder Law Conference.
NHSBA 2018/19 Workshops and Seminars:
- Thursday August 23, 2018 - Legislative Wrap-up and Amended NHSBA Policies
- Tuesday September 11, 2018 - Basics of School District Budgeting
- Thursday September 13, 2018 - SB2 and Default Budgeting
- Wednesday October 3, 2018 - Annual Bradley F. Kidder Law Conference
- Wednesday October 10, 2018 - School Funding Seminar
- Thursday October 25, 2018 - Extended Learning Opportunities/Work-based Learning
- Thursday November 8, 2018 - Dual Enrollment Opportunities for Students
- Saturday January 26, 2019 - NHSBA Annual Delegate Assembly
- Thursday March 28, 2019 - Right to Know Law Introduction
- Tuesday April 9, 2019 - School Safety and Security
- Thursday May 9, 2019 - NHSBA New Board Member Orientation (Concord)
- Thursday May 23, 2019 - NHSBA New Board Member Orientation (Whitefield)
NHSBA 2018/19 Webinar Series:
NHSBA webinars will run live at 12:00pm on the dates listed below. If you are not able to join the live webinar, a saved recording will be made available upon request.
- Monday September 24, 2018 - The Right to Know Law: Non-Public Sessions and Non-Meetings
- Monday October 22, 2018 - Board Member Digital Communications and Social Media: Considerations in Light of the Right to Know law and the First Amendment
- Monday November 19, 2018 - School Board Advisory and Sub-Committees, and Board Policy Development
- Monday March 25, 2019 - Right to Know Law Introduction
- Monday May 20, 2019 - Basics of Collective Bargaining